Thursday, February 26, 2009

I had to do it...

Today I say, with a heavy heart that my girl and I have ended our relationship. Yeah, she tried her best, and it was tremendous for a while however in the end I had to move on to something more appropriate. Today my friends, I found a new barber (for those just joining, go check the archives for a post entitled "have a fun") Joon you will be missed...

Yeah so apparently(I'm just gonna assume y'all have read and know who Joon is, I'm really not trying to type all that, who knows what types of tangents I may go on as is) Joon has not been at the shop the last few times I've gone in, and even more startlingly so, each time it has been a random medley of Asian woman barbers that come out of a break room to cut the hair of whomever walks in the store. No, I'm serious. When you walk up to the place, it looks kinda like a Hair Cuttery/Urban Barber shop in that it has all sorts of pictures of their "illest cuts" and random magazines but also with a nice selection of pomades and other stuff. (you like how I just got tired of describing the place and said "and other stuff") Anyways, you get there and unless there are other people getting haircuts the place is empty, but once you walk in, two ladies walk out from a door that STAYS CLOSED one of which decides "yeah sure I'll do it" then the other trolls back to the room. I promise you, I have been getting a cut, and witnessed two new customers walk in and see a grand total of 17 different barbers come out. Needless to say, in all this fun and ballyhoo, my haircuts have been getting jacked. Which wasn't a big deal at first because I wasn't working or entering the world of humans. However lately I got big boy work to do and I can't be walking around looking like Sling Blade. So finally I just asked straight up where the heck Joon was, they let me know she had moved back to Taiwan and that was that, and with that I said an unofficial good by to the ladies of Skyline Barbershop.

Today I went to a regular urban barber shop, complete with incense, KING magazines and arguments about Kobe v Lebron for ultimate NBA supremacy (Lebron). I got in the chair, and I will admit, it was like riding a bike

Barber- what you need
Me- lemme get a one and a half all the way around, round the back, and bring the sides down.
Barber-bet

and with those four words I knew it was legit. I'll spare you the details of some long story about how glorious it was yadda yadda yadda. I read a KING, by read I mean looked, got my cut, paid my loot and tip, dipped out. Then of course, as any young sir will tell you, I fully checked that cut out in rear view mirror and when I got home. To make a long story short, if that's even possible at this point, The Lady spontaneously shouted I LOVE YOUR HAIRCUT (no, she did not yell I just type in caps) I had to say that because 1. she did not yell and 2. she always gets nervous after she says embarassing things and goes "augh are you gonna put that in the damn blog" but she did say she loved the cut.

Alright, Conan is on, I have to run. Joon, my girl, take care of yourself, Have a fun.

No comments: